When I graduated from college, I had a great group of friends. We would get together often, go on trips together, and just generally enjoy each other’s company. But then we all started getting busy with our careers and our social lives slowly dwindled. I realized that if I wanted to keep my social life active, I was going to have to put in some effort. So, I made a plan to meet at least two new people every week for an entire year. And it worked! Here’s how I did it.
How To Meet New People
There are lots of ways to meet new people, but the most important thing is to be proactive. Don’t wait for others to come to you; go out and find them yourself. Here are a few of the things that worked for me:
- Get involved in your community. There are always events going on that you can attend, whether it’s a concert, a festival, or a fundraiser. Getting involved is a great way to meet like-minded people who share your interests.
- Join a club or an organization. This is a great way to meet people with similar interests. Whether you’re into hiking, cooking, or knitting, there’s bound to be a club out there for you.
- Go out and explore your city. There’s always something new to see and do, and you never know who you’ll run into when you’re out and about. Take a walk around your neighborhood, visit a new coffee shop, or check out that museum you’ve been meaning to go to.
Making friends as an adult can be tough, but it’s definitely worth the effort. By being proactive and putting yourself out there, you can easily make new friends—I should know, I made 200 of them in just one year! So don’t be afraid to get involved in your community, join clubs and organizations, and explore your city—you never know who you’ll meet along the way.
What You Should Do Next…
- Talk to a business expert. Need someone to take your business to the next level? Schedule a 30-minute consultation. Don’t worry, it’s on the house. Book a meet here
- Create sales funnels bring higher conversions. Hustlehubs is a platform that helps you to create landing pages and send emails for higher conversions. Get started for free here.
- Get smarter with business resources. Explore all our knowledge base here and learn about email marketing, marketing strategies, best practices, growth hacks, case studies, templates, and more. Access our Academy here